The global synthetic lubricants market is expected to reach USD 23.45 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rapidly expanding automotive industry, coupled with rising popularity of synthetic lubricants for automobile applications is projected to propel the market especially in countries such as South Korea, Brazil, and China.
Synthetic lubricants provide numerous benefits when used for automotive applications such as excellent thermal stability and low friction. Rising awareness regarding the advantages of the product, as opposed to its mineral counterparts, will augment industry growth over the forecast period. A major application of synthetic lubricants is their use as heat transfer fluids in heavy machinery and heat exchangers. Rising industrial sector in Asia Pacific countries will propel product demand over the forecast period.
Increasing R&D investment by companies for the introduction and development of improved grades is expected to fuel demand over the next eight years. However, low cost of mineral oils may reduce synthetic oil demand thus hampering industry development over the forecast period. A technological innovation related to anti-slip and flow properties of these products is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the forecast period.
Browse Full Overview of Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/synthetic-lubricants-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global synthetic lubricants market demand was around 3,821.8 kilo tons in 2015 and is projected to reach 4,900.1 kilo tons by 2024 growing at a CAGR of 2.8% from 2016 to 2024.
- PAO (Group IV) a based synthetic lubricant was estimated at over 2,000.0 kilo tons. The compatibility of other mineral oils with synthetic oils is anticipated to be a major driver propelling the market. Although ester and PAG-based oils offer significantly better properties in comparison to PAO based oils, they are relatively more expensive which has thus resulted in lower market demand.
- Engine oil was the largest application segment valued over USD 6,000.0 million in 2015. Rising need for high fuel economy coupled with growing demand for high-quality gear and motor oils is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected grow at a CAGR of over 3.0% from 2016 to 2024 on account of the growing industrial and automobile markets in the region. Furthermore, the European region witnessed the highest growth over the past few years on account of its large automotive manufacturing base in Germany.
- The synthetic lubricants market is fragmented with few manufacturers investing heavily in R&D to gain a greater share of the market. Rising expenditure on the development and introduction of fire-resistant type hydraulic fluids and food grade oils is expected to be one of the critical success factors over the forecast period. Prominent market players include British Petroleum, Valvoline, Chevron, Shell, Exxon Mobil and Total.
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/petrochemicals-and-downstream-derivatives
Grand View Research has segmented the global synthetic lubricants market on the basis of product, application and region: