The high pressure grinding roller (HPGR) market is expected to reach USD 387.3 million by 2022, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing mining industry and the need for energy efficient solutions worldwide are expected to contribute to the revenue growth.
According to Coalition for Eco-Efficient Comminution (CEEC), crushing and grinding consume around 53% of the total energy used by mining sites, which accounts for over 10% of the overall mining cost. In addition to this, mining companies are shifting their focus toward remote areas as accessible mineral reservoirs are on the verge of extinction. These remote areas have limited resources including energy, infrastructure, and labor, thus increasing the need for efficient comminution solutions. The high energy requirements and rising electricity costs worldwide are also compelling industry players to lower their consumption level in order to cut costs.
The growth of the cement and mineral industry is expected to boost its demand over the forecast period. The gold demand is expected to be stable owing to its financial, cultural, and emotional value, mostly in Asia Pacific. The increase in consumer demand for metals such as gold and silver is expected to favor the required machines in the mining industry, including the high pressure grinding rollers over the forecast period in the Asia Pacific region. This technology also offers additional benefits including low operating costs, increased lifespan, selective liberation, high throughput rates, easy maintenance, and effective control.
To Request a Sample Copy OR View Summary of Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/high-pressure-grinding-roller-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The 2 x 650 – 2 x 1900 kW power rating segment was valued at USD 74 million in 2015and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period. Such rollers have a considerable demand for the base and precious metal mining, for instance, copper and gold. This segment is expected to be driven by mining activities in the African and Asian countries such as South Africa, China, and Japan along with the increasing infrastructure development in the emerging economies.
- The HPGR market is technology-driven and OEMs are focusing on enhancing the capabilities of their existing product. The base metal liberation is anticipated to show a high potential owing to the increasing use of zinc, nickel, lead, and copper in various industrial and commercial applications. The precious metal beneficiation was valued at over USD 86 million in 2015 and is expected to be the key application segment in the near future.
- The market is segmented on the basis of type as ferrous metals and ferroalloys processing, and non-ferrous minerals processing. The HPGR technology offers a scope for throughput optimization, less wearability, and lesser power requirement in the processing of non-ferrous metals. The non-ferrous mineral processing is estimated to be a key segment over the next seven years and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2016 to 2022.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be the key region and was valued at over USD 90.2 million in 2015, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of6.7% from 2016 to 2022. The regional growth is supported by the increasing infrastructure development and manufacturing activities in countries such as India and China. However, the mining industry players in the region may witness higher operating costs owing to the increasing labor & energy costs and mining taxes.
- The key vendors dominating the HPGR market include FLSmidth & Co. A/S, SGS S.A., KHD Humboldt, ABB Ltd., and KöppernGroup. Other prominent vendors include MetsoOyj, ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions AG (Polysius AG), OutotecOyj, and CITIC Heavy Industries, Co., Ltd. (CITIC HIC).
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/oil-and-gas-drilling-and-extraction-equipments
Grand View Research has segmented the High Pressure Grinding Roller (HPGR) market on the basis of power rating, application, type, and region: