The global breathable film market is expected to reach USD 22.83 billion by 2024 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for breathable films in the packaging, healthcare, hygiene, and apparel industry is anticipated to drive market demand over the coming years.
The breathable film market is strongly influenced by new product developments and expansions into emerging markets. The increasing use of breathable films in hygiene and building & construction market is anticipated to boost the market growth in Asia Pacific. Stringent regulations concerning use of protective apparel in the healthcare and industrial sector are expected to augment future market growth.
Rising demand for waterproof garments in sports apparels is projected to propel the demand for breathable films over the forecast period. Increasing investments in the healthcare sector is expected to drive the demand for masks, gloves, drapes, sheets, and other disposable garments over the coming years.
Get More Details of Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/breathable-film-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global breathable film market demand was 5.48 million tons in 2015 and is expected to reach 8.92 million tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2016 to 2024
- Polyester dominated the breathable film market in 2015 accounting for around 33% of the global market demand in the raw material segment. It is also expected to witness the highest growth of 6.0% over the forecast period.
- Non-porous films were the leading product segment and accounted for over 70% of global demand in 2015. Increasing penetration for healthcare and food packaging application is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- The packaging segment occupied the largest share in 2015, on account of growing demand for breathable films in the convenience food, confectionery & bakery products, meat, and processed food market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness a significant growth over the forecast period on account of the growing building & construction and manufacturing sector
- The increasing demand for protective apparel in the medical and industrial sector of North America and Europe is anticipated to boost future market growth in this region.
- Major companies identified in the market include Argotec LLC., Arkema, Clopay Plastics, Fatra, a.s., Kimberley-Clark, and Nitto Denko Corporation among others.
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-and-fine-chemicals
Grand View Research has segmented the breathable film market on the basis of raw material, product, application, and region: