The global trauma and extremities market was valued at USD 8.0 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach a value of USD 15.9 billion by 2024. The expansion is attributed to the increasing geriatric population base along with the growing incidence rate of target diseases such as osteoporosis.
Introduction of new technologies in terms of material, technique, and the non-invasive nature of the employed material are augmenting the market growth. In July 2016, DePuy Synthes launched a new hand locking system used for deformities and fracture fixation. This device is designed to reduce soft tissue irritation and facilitate healing.
Moreover, companies are investing in new product development, which is anticipated to aid the future growth of the market. In 2015, Smith & Nephew invested USD 222 million on research and development, yielding a promising product pipeline for 2016. It has already launched a new product, SUTUREFIX, a suture anchor in February 2015. The product is expected to improve hip and shoulder repair by providing additional fixation points.
The industry is dominated by few players, while local implant manufacturers share the remaining market. DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, and Medtronic and others are key players while Advanced Orthopedic Solutions, Emerge Medical, and Bioretec Ltd. are the emerging players in this vertical.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/trauma-extremities-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Internal fixation dominated the market in 2015 due to the following associated advantages: shorter hospital stay, lesser scars and skin pressure, early functionality achieved in patients, and lesser risk of nonunion and malunion of bones. Industry players are adding new products with better functionality, which replicate the native anatomy, enhancing both, functionality and durability. In July 2016, the Acumed’s wrist fixation implants, Acu-Loc and Acu-Loc 2, reached a worldwide sales milestone of 0.5 million in 2 years. This indicates the high demand for internal fixation devices, which is expected to grow over the forecasted period.
- Amongst internal fixation methods, plates and screws are the most popular owing to the less blood loss involved and shorter operative time. This segment is expected to witness growth owing to the focus of companies on integrating different tools into one system. For instance, in July 2016, DePuy launched its locking hand system comprising 40 basic and specific plates for different cases of hand fractures. This aids the surgeons in adjusting the insertion specific to the patient’s bone anatomy to provide more stability.
- In 2015, North America dominated the market with a revenue share of more than 40%. The Affordable Care Act includes a separate grant for trauma care. Though this fund was discontinued in 2006, it was reauthorized in 2014 and set to an annual USD 12 million. The fund allocation aimed the improvement of trauma care centers in terms of access and quality, especially in the rural areas.
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the trauma and extremities market by type and region:
Trauma and Extremities Market Type Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- External Fixation Devices
- Internal Fixation Devices
- Plates and screws
- Rods and Pins
- Bone Grafts
- Craniofacial Devices
- Internal Craniofacial Devices
- External Craniofacial Devices
- Long Bone Stimulation
- Other Trauma Devices
Trauma and Extremities Devices Market Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Browse Press Release of this Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-trauma-extremities-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519