Orthopedic soft tissue repair market is expected to be over USD 9.39 billion by 2024, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for minimally invasive procedures has provided greater growth prospects for the market. Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery involves lesser disturbance of muscles and tendons, making the reconstruction procedure more natural.
Increasing awareness amongst the population that skeletally immature patients can also tear their connective tissue and ligaments has boosted the growth of the industry. Furthermore, rising awareness regarding the development, commercialization, and promotion of advanced platelet-rich plasma devices would fuel the market in the long run. Hence, this factor plays a pivotal role for boosting the market in the near future.
Technological advancements and innovations continue to be seen in the orthopedic connective tissue repair space. Novel advances, such as innovative surgical techniques, are also visible in the field of Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction to make these procedures more effective. Such innovations, developments, and advancements would lead to further growth of the market in the near future. Furthermore, increasing road accidents also are estimated to accentuate the demand for the market to a large extent.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthopedic-soft-tissue-repair-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Cruciate ligaments repair dominated the overall procedure segment in 2015 with revenue generation of over USD 1.9 billion owing to higher prevalence ACL injuries among athletes, as they are more prone to such type of injuries during sport-related activities. Furthermore, ACL is also a frequently occurring knee injury and the standard treatment for this disorder is surgical reconstruction.
- Knee segment held the largest industry share in 2015, because it is a frequently affected target injury location among the athletes as well as the geriatric population base. Bones as well as connective tissues, such as tendons, ligaments, and cartilages naturally weaken with growing in age. This poses greater risk for occurrence of target injuries, mainly in knees of the elderly population.
- Posterior soft tissue repair is one of the common procedures in total hip arthroplasty. Soft tissue injuries surrounding the hip joints result in dysfunction of the joint. As a result of this, hip segment is estimated to attain a lucrative CAGR of over 7.5% over the forecast period.
- North America contributed toward the largest industry share of around USD 2.0 billion in 2015. The primary factors favoring this growth include investments for developed healthcare infrastructure. This has led to advancements in soft tissue repair surgeries, such as minimally invasive procedures. Moreover, majority of the key players are headquartered in the U.S., which provides a wide market for orthopedic soft tissue repair.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to greater penetration of medical devices in countries like Japan and increasing geriatric population in India.
- The key players serving orthopedic soft tissue repair market include Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew Plc, Arthrex, Inc., CONMED, and DePuy Synthes, Inc.
- Strategic collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, widening the distribution network, and technological advancements are some of the key strategies the companies are concentrating on in order to enhance the market demand for orthopedic soft tissue repair.
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/biotechnology
Grand View Research has segmented the orthopedic soft tissue repair market on the basis of procedure and injury location:
Procedure Outlook (Revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Rotator cuff repair
- Achilles tendinosis repair
- Pelvic organ prolapsed
- Gluteal tendon repair
- Cruciate ligaments repair
- Hip arthroscopy
- Biceps tenodesis
Injury Location Outlook (Revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Small joints
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Browse Press Release of this Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-orthopedic-soft-tissue-repair-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519