The global prepreg market is expected to reach USD 12.48 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing need for high-performance materials particularly in the automotive, aerospace and sporting goods sectors is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the next eight years. Environmental norms introduced by various agencies including the U.S. EPA and EU, to promote sustainable energy sources as opposed to conventional sources, particularly in North America and Europe, have led to rising number of wind power installations in these regions. This is expected to be one of the major factors propelling product need over the forecast period.
Enhanced mechanical properties including short curing time, longer life span, high strength and superior machinability are expected to have a positive impact on product demand in the automotive as well as the aerospace industries.
Various advantages of prepregs over its counterparts such as low void content, ease of use, high strength, and specific modulus, enhanced corrosion resistance and low thermal expansion coefficient makes it a key product in the manufacturing of numerous aerospace components. The rapid growth of the wind power industry in the Asia-Pacific is expected to fuel prepreg demand over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/prepreg-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global prepreg market was estimated around 260 kilo tons in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 8% from 2016 to 2024
- Glass fibers are expected to witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of over 9% from 2016 to 2024 on account of its rising use in the manufacturing of various sporting goods such as bicycle frames and golf shafts
- Use of thermosetting resins accounted for over 60% of the overall industry in 2015. Recyclable nature of thermosetting resins is expected to fuel its demand over the forecast period
- Solvent dip process accounted for over 25% of the overall industry in 2015. Rising use in the manufacturing of fabric prepregs as it meets performance requirements such as low-temperature curing and good fatigue performance is expected to fuel its use over the next eight years
- Aerospace & defense will witness the fastest growth at a CAGR of over 11% from 2016 to 2024 owing to increasing product use in the manufacturing of interior components and aero-engines
- The Middle East and Africa currently account for a smaller share but is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period. Emerging markets such as Brazil and Mexico are projected to have an increased potential for the product due to rapid industrialization in these economies
- Key companies in the industry focusing on increasing their global presence through plant expansions, new product launches, and mergers & acquisitions. For instance, in September 2015, SGL Group developed an isotropic non-woven prepreg (ICV prepreg) from recycled carbon fiber and epoxy resin which will help the company in expanding its product portfolio.
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-glass-ceramic-and-fiber
Grand View Research has segmented the global prepreg market on the basis of product, application and region:
Fiber type outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
Resin type outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
Manufacturing process type outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Solvent dip
Application outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Aerospace & defense
- Wind energy
- Sporting goods
Regional outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse Press Release of this Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-prepreg-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519