The global agricultural films & bonding market is expected to reach USD 14.19 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising need for optimum productivity to sustain the food demand is the key factor behind the commercialization of specialty products. Increasing investment in R&D and advancements in agricultural practices backed by technological support is anticipated to drive the industry growth.
Films are extensively used for greenhouse farming, soil protection, and mulching. Various benefits associated with these films include reduced soil erosion & compaction, temperature control, seed germination, weed control, nutrient conservation, and protection against UV Rays.
The film segment accounted for over 75% of the global volume in 2015. Growth in this sector may be attributed to growing high-quality crops demand coupled with the increasing requirement for ideal agricultural productivity.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-films-bonding-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global market demand was 6.80 million tons in 2015 and is expected to reach 10.68 million tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2016 to 2024
- HDPE demand in netting was 105.7 kilo tons in 2015. The high raw material demand may be attributed to various beneficial characteristics such as convertibility, complete recyclability, waterproof, and durability.
- Bailing was the largest application segment and accounted for 53.8% of the twine market in 2015. Baling twine is used in farming to bind straw or hay bales together.
- Europe agricultural films and bonding market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2016 to 2024 owing to shrinking pastures and farm land. However, the region is expected to adopt advance farming techniques and biodegradable products. Spain and Italy are the leading consumers of films owing to greenhouse industry growth.
- Asia Pacific accounted for over 70% of the total market volume in 2015 and is projected to witness the fastest growth on account of growing need to elevate agricultural productivity to sustain the food demand
- Key companies operating in the industry include Novamont, BP Industries (BPI), Ab Rani PlastOy. Trioplast Industrier AB, Armando Alvarez SA, ExxonMobil Corporation, Barbier Groupe, Britton Group, BASF, and Kuraray. The global market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of various small-scale and regional players, especially in Asia Pacific.
View All Reports of Same Category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
Grand View Research has segmented the agricultural films & bonding market on the basis of product, raw material, application, and region:
Global Agricultural Films & Bonding Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Agricultural Films
Global Agricultural Films & Bonding Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Agricultural Films
Global Agricultural Films & Bonding Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Agricultural Films
- Stretch wrap
- Vegetable Packing
- Fruit Packing
Global Agricultural Films & Bonding Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519