The global Tourniquet Systems Market is expected to reach USD 594.8 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing incidence of industrial & road accidents and major falls has been a major factor driving market growth. In addition, rapid increase in the number of hospitals and surgical care centers has led to increased application of tourniquets.
Tourniquets are majorly used when hemorrhages cannot be controlled with direct pressure or selective clamping of bleeding vessels. Certain advantages in modern surgical tourniquet systems such as safety, accuracy, and reliability have resulted in widespread adoption of these devices in orthopedic surgeries. Furthermore, technologically advanced tourniquet systems are now integrated with a wide range of pneumatic cuffs that help optimize the performance of the overall system. However, reusable cuffs might result in transmission of infection, which would consequently raise hospital costs and may hinder the growth of market during the forecast period.
To Request for Sample Copy of this report:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The market study suggests that tourniquet cuffs dominated the overall market in 2016 owing to their increasing applications in orthopedics, trauma, and emergency settings.
- Amongst the application segments, hospitals occupied the largest share as they are effective in arresting life‐threatening external hemorrhage caused due to limb injury
- In addition, the non-institutional application segment is expected to grow rapidly due to the potential application of tourniquets in military war settings.
- The Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) recommends that “the judicious use of a pneumatic tourniquet may be helpful and lifesaving” in cases of major arterial hemorrhage caused by military wars
- North America dominated in 2016 owing to presence of an excellent healthcare infrastructure, rise in the number of road accidents, and increasing adoption of advanced tourniquet devices
- The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. It will have one of the widest consumer base of tourniquets owing to huge population, increasing industrial & road accidents, and commendable financial support from various governments.
- Some of the major companies operating in this market are Delfi Medical, Zimmer Biomet, Hammarplast Medical AB, VBM Medizintechnik GmbH, Stryker, ulrich medical, and Rudolf Riester GmbH
Grand View Research has segmented the global tourniquet systems market on the basis of component, application, and region:
Tourniquet Systems Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Tourniquet instrument
- Tourniquet cuffs
Tourniquet Systems Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Ambulatory setting
- Non-institutional use
Tourniquet Systems Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Browse Press Release of this Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-tourniquet-systems-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com