San Francisco, 03 October 2018 – The global 3D cell culture market size is expected to reach USD 1.69 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 14.8% CAGR during the forecast period. Need to incorporate 3D cell culture systems in research for better representation of in vivo environment has driven development of new materials and methods, thereby propelling market growth.
3D cell culture is more suitable for in vivo modeling due to the resemblance they provide to morphology of organ or cells. Several 3D cell culture options are available in the form of scaffold-based, scaffold-free, and 3D bioreactor systems. Emergence of 3D optimized assays, kits, and protocols, along with maturity in development of different assay techniques, is projected to accelerate market growth.
Increasing adoption of tissue engineering and organ transplantation for chronic diseases is projected to drive adoption in research over the forecast period. Furthermore, use of microchips to implement culturing through use of micro-fabricated tissue component is expected to present the market with potential avenues.
Fabrication techniques to produce scaffold-free systems that are inexpensive, transparent, and compatible with liquid handling tools have emerged. Rapid adoption of these systems for tissue engineering research, drug discovery, and personalized medicine contributes to market growth. Scaffold-free technology is expected to observe the fastest growth over the next few years, registering an estimated CAGR of around 15.7% from 2016 to 2024.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Emergence of novel fabrication techniques contributes to the growth of scaffold-free 3D cell culture systems
- Rapid adoption of culturing systems in cancer research for development of immortalized established cell lines or primary cell cultures to perform in vivo drug screening has led to its largest revenue share
- 3D bioprinting enables creation of 3D printed building blocks of embryonic stem cells, which could be further used for micro-organ generation and tissue regeneration experiments
- Changing of regulatory policies for stem cell research and high potential of 3D culturing tools fuels the stem cell research segment
- North America dominated the global 3D cell culture market with a share of over 41.0% in 2016. Presence of major pharma and biotech players that collaborate with research laboratories to implement these technologies drives progress in U.S.
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period owing to rapid developments across major economies, especially in the tissue engineering and stem cell research domain. APAC is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 16% during the forecast period
- Key players include Merck, 3D Biotek LLC; 3D Biomatrix; Nano3D Biosciences Corning Inc.; VWR International, LLC; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Global Cell Solutions, Inc.; Becton Dickinson and Company; Tecan; InSphero AG; and Lonza Group
- Major players focus on collaborating with laboratories to commercialize technologies that are not potentially established in the market space.
Browse More Reports Of Same Category: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/healthcare
Grand View Research has segmented the global 3D cell culture market on the basis of technology, application, end use, culture component, and region:
3D Cell Culture Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Scaffold based
- Polymeric scaffolds
- Micropatterned Surface Microplates
- Scaffold free
- Hanging drop microplates
- Spheroid microplates containing Ultra-Low Attachment (ULA) coating
- Microfluidic 3D cell culture
- Magnetic levitations & 3D bioprinting
- 3D Bioreactors
3D Cell Culture Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Tissue engineering & Immunohistochemistry
- Drug development
- Stem cell research
3D Cell Culture End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
- Research laboratories and institutes
- Hospitals and diagnostic centers
3D Cell Culture Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Reagents and Consumables
3D Cell Culture Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Browse Press Release of this Report: www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-3d-cell-culture-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com