San Francisco, 22 October 2018 – The global cancer supportive care drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 23.5 billion by 2022, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 1.8% during the forecast period. The market is anticipated to be driven by large number of side-effects associated with cancer treatment, increasing uptake of biosimilars, rising expenditure on healthcare, and availability of effective treatment methods, including target specific and tailored treatments.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy are traditional methods for cancer treatment with approximately four million people receiving chemotherapy every year. Supportive care products are essential to prevent and manage symptoms and side-effects of cancer and its treatment.Among major cancer types, lung and breast cancers are the most prominent cancer type with the highest demand for supportive care drugs.
G-CSFs and ESAs therapeutic classes are witnessing a fundamental shift from biologics to biosimilars. The market for cancer pain, chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting, and cancer induced bone diseases will grow significantly during the forecast period, due to new product launches and high unmet needs. The cancer pain market is estimated to witness a shift from opioids to non-opioids therapies. The shift will be backed by patent loss, high mortality, addiction, and major safety issues associated with narcotic agents.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Some of the key players operating in this industry are Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Roche, Helsinn Healthcare, Heron Pharma, and Tesaro
- Among EU5, Germany captured the second position in the global cancer support care drugs market. Japan is poised to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period
- The CINV drugs market will be propelled by widening base of patients, increasing adoption of chemotherapeutic drugs, and launch of new drug delivery approaches to improve patient compliance
- In Europe, Zarzio has taken over its reference product Neupogen in terms of market share
- Late stage pipeline products include non-opioids such as Tanezumab and HTX-011
- Newer immunotherapies directed against PD-1 ligands and PD-L1 proteins have shown to be more effective with a superior safety profile
Access More Reports Of Same Category: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/pharmaceuticals
Grand View Research has segmented the global cancer supportive care drugs market based on drug class and treatment:
Cancer Supportive Care Drugs Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2022)
- NSAIDs and others
Cancer Supportive Care Drugs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2022)
Browse Press Release of this Report: www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-cancer-supportive-care-drugs-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com